A Fluent-style Notepad-application because Microsoft doesn’t make it.
The design of the app has been inspired by the work of Michael West, go give that man your cheers over on his website 😉 – https://michaelwest.design/
Get the app
Get the app from the Microsoft Store here: http:// https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9n7lrq8p8pd
Get the source code
You can download the source code from GitHub: https://github.com/ikarago/Notepad
- NEW: The app will now display if there have been changes made to the document since opening it in the titlebar.
- NEW/EXPERIMENTAL: Added Font options; please note that settings set in this will be reverted when closing the app window.
- IMPROVED: When opening the app you can now start typing right away!
- IMPROVED: Changed the look of the About-dialog to a new style.
- IMPROVED: Many more UI and user experience improvements to make the app even more pleasant to use. 🙂
- BUGFIX: The titlebar buttons will now change to the appropriate theme
- BUGFIX: Fixed the shadow of the titlebar when opening the app.
- NEW: You can now open multiple instances of the app!
- IMPROVED: Improved the Fluent Layout with shadows.
- IMPROVED: Various other bugfixes and small improvements.
- NEW: Added accelerator keys (Ctrl + N for New File, Ctrl + O for Open File and Ctrl + S for Saving the file. This is for peeps on Windows 10 version 1809 and newer).
- IMPROVED: Added high-contrast logos and fixed the hidden logo when using the app in Light mode.
IMPORTANT: From now on Notepad will require you to be on the Fall Creators Update (16299) or newer.
- Initial public release